Soup hankering strikes again! This is one that I came up with a few years back and have thoroughly enjoyed ever since. I hope you do as well.
Autumn Sausage and Squash Soup
- 1 lb spicy Italian sausage, scrambled and drained
- 1 large can tomato sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can or 12 oz bag of frozen sweet corn
- 24 oz chicken broth (add more or less as desired)
- 1 can Cannelloni beans
- 1 can Great Northern beans
- 1 small can sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 medium butternut squash, peeled and diced into 1/2 in cubes
- 1 small onion, minced
- parsley and oregano to taste
Mix all ingredients in a dutch oven or soup pot and cook at least until the squash is soft. Enjoy!